Rowland Heights, CA (January 6, 2023) – Rowland Water District’s (RWD) 2023 lineup of free classes will dig into everything from composting to edible gardens, with an emphasis on saving water.
“In addition to being fun and informative, these sessions will help customers increase water efficiency outside, which accounts for up to 70% of a home’s water use,” said Brittnie Gildea, RWD’s Education and Community Outreach Coordinator. “Taking steps like replacing grass with native plants and repairing leaks not only contribute to a sustainable water supply for the future, it also saves homeowners money.”
Workshops in the 2023 Landscape Series:
- February 9 – Edible Gardening for Beginners, 4:30-6:30 p.m.
- March 16 – Residential Leak Detection, 4:30-5:30 p.m.
- April 20 – Composting for a Healthy Garden, 4:30-6 p.m.
- May 18 – Landscaping for Fire Prevention, 4:30-6 p.m.
- June 15 – California Native Plants, 4:30-6:30 p.m.
Classes will be held in the Board Room at RWD, 3021 Fullerton Road in Rowland Heights. Space is limited so early registration is encouraged.
For class descriptions and registration, visit rwd.org/classes.